Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Moldy Man

Sometimes when I can't sleep, I think of him.

I can't help it.

I had a dream he was covered in mold. Like tree man. I awoke in the middle of the night, disturbed, my heartbeat elevated.

The next night, I couldn't sleep. So I checked the email where only he emails me. He had sent, "happy belated new year ! i hope its a good one for you."

We hadn't talked since Christmas Eve...he blocked me from facebook Christmas day and that was enough of a Christmas present. A week after the New Year, he had thought to send the email...a few days later, I had checked it.

"Old, rotten." That is what my friend said when I told him about the dream. "Defiled," another friend's interpretation. "It's the disease," another friend said.

I wish it were as simple as throwing out moldy bread. I wish I could just go to the store and buy some new sour dough to replace him with to have as toast with my eggs.

I wish when I couldn't sleep, I didn't think about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment