Monday, December 7, 2009

Go Away

My high school English teacher had a tumor in her chest and it went away completely with radiation. I knew she had cancer, but I didn't know those details. When she visited my best friend's mother who had cancer at the time, she gave her hope that she could beat it and live for her children.

That was over twenty years ago. I am still talking with her today. She asked about his chemo and radiation.

So I wrote him the story in an email.

He wrote, "im glad to hear the tumor went away with rad. if i shoot u with rad will u go completely away??? i hope your friend has a full recovery. once i get better then i guess u can give her 100 % of your healing vibes. its a ruff road so hopefully she can stay positive and hopeful."

He makes me laugh.

I was playing with my friend's iphone tarot card application while she was in the bathroom today. I was dealt the sun card.

I think about the sun radiating its light.

"Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right."

1 comment:

  1. My friend is on chemo right now, finally beating breast cancer. You'd think science by now would give us a better option, but it is good to know that it works.

    Thanks for following me on Facebook. My Fans Page was looking kind of sad with only three people. Are you setting one up?

    ReplyDelete