Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Big Ass Diamond


I had to buy it. Not for the body wash, but for that fake diamond gaudy keychain. What brilliant marketing.

I absolutely love it.

My keychain has history.

My sister gave me my first keychain when I was sixteen with engraved coins from the Space Needle, "You are my sunshine." After she died, I went to the Space Needle and added, "You're here in my heart, like the sun coming out" from the Kate Bush song.

I added the "This Is It" ribbon to to the keychain for her and my best friend.

And now, I've added this huge diamond made in China because although it is so cliche and antithetical to my beliefs, I like it. I like how it represents a rich man like my fake hair represents a Hollywood starlet. Everyone wants a rich man, but I want more than just that, just like I am more than my blonde hair, just like the key chain is more than just a ring for my keys.

I want it all.

And I have it all. Right here at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment