Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

The thing I love about Thanksgiving break is that it is this time warp break of food and friends.

My first Thanksgiving away from my family was with friends in New York City, and I have never gone back. I was quoting Victoria Principal from VH-1 Behind the Music with, "I told Andy to choose drugs, or to choose me...and he chose drugs!" Everyone was laughing and I finally realized why people enjoy the holidays.

It's like the day stretches out, getting fatter with each bite of turkey and taste of stuffing. It's a holiday high, lasting a few days.

Then the reality starts hitting that you have to go to work on Monday.

But then begins the countdown until Christmas and the ball dropping.

So for someone who grew up dreading putting up the Christmas tree, the holidays have been transformed into palm trees with friends.

And for that, I am grateful.

1 comment: